- Published on Friday, 30 November 2012 15:15
Makers are introducing more units with built-in batteries and other additional features.
- Built-in Li-polymer batteries: China’s production of portable solar chargers will continue to be led by Li-polymer types for their better performance and slimmer design compared with Li-ion. Output of models with the former is projected to reach 90 percent in 2013. Some suppliers have even started building the battery in their releases. Companies are also raising the capacity to 15,000mAh and developing safety features such as over-current and -heating, and short-circuit protection.
- Monocrystalline panels: Stability and high photoelectric conversion of 15 to 24 percent ensure this panel type’s dominance in coming years. Several makers churning out solar panels will concentrate on this category.
- Novelty design: Companies are adopting various contours resembling mobile phones, toys and torches. Some recent releases are collapsible.
- Wider device compatibility: Products are designed to work with various products, including MP3 and MP4 players, digital video and still cameras, and mobile phones. To enable multifunctionality, makers are building in additional functions such as an LED flashlight, an AM/FM radio and a clock.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Monocrystalline, Li-polymer portable solar chargers lead" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.