- Published on Wednesday, 25 January 2012 09:55
IR units will yield mainstream position to higher wireless technologies in the years ahead.
- Shift to 2.4GHz RF & Bluetooth: Although IR computer remote controls remain dominant because of their lower costs, 2.4GHz RF and Bluetooth models are increasingly becoming popular. The last two leverage a wider operating range and user friendliness.
- Features integration: The latest releases come with mini keyboards, trackballs and touchpads, enabling conventional input device functions. Some upscale variants even feature a capacitive multitouch pad.
- Multiple applications: Compatibility covers PCs, multimedia centers, smart TVs, set-top-boxes and smartphones. Units support Mac, Linux, Android, iOS and Windows Mobile. Makers broaden functionality further with LED flashlights or laser pointers.
- Price & output projections: Suppliers are keeping quotes stable in the next six months to attract orders. Prices of RF and Bluetooth units will decrease within 10 percent. Driven by the climbing shipments of application devices, companies anticipate higher production volume by about 20 percent. Some are even looking at a 50 percent rise.
Deqing Dusun Electron Co. Ltd
Description: 2.4GHz RF; two 3V CR2032 lithium batteries; 175x55x13mm; 90g; CE, RoHS
Hanson Technology Ltd
Model: FelTouch Bonepad
Description: 2.4GHz RF; for PCs, smart TVs, multimedia centers; USB port; AAA battery; 120g; CE, FCC, RoHS
HongKong Tide Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Bluetooth 2.0; nanodongle; 400cpi; 71 backlit keys; touchpad; rechargeable Li-polymer battery; 102g
Qingdao Haier Intelligent Electronics Co. Ltd
Description: 2.4GHz RF; mouse function; for PCs, TVs; lithium battery
Nova Far East Co. Ltd
Description: IR; mouse, keyboard functions; CR2025 battery; ABS case, rubber keys
Shenzhen Anycon Electronics Technology Co. Ltd
Description: IR+2.4GHz RF; nanoreceiver; mouse function; multicolor rubber keys; Mini-USB port
Note: This article "2.4GHz RF, Bluetooth combination PC remote controls rising" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.