- Published on Monday, 30 April 2012 14:37
Makers are boosting the production of USB 3.0 hubs as more terminal devices adopt the specification.
- SuperSpeed advancing: Makers of USB hubs are shifting to the 3.0 standard. Enabled devices will surpass 1 billion by 2014, from 70 million last year, according to In-Stat. As a result, SuperSpeed hubs are expected to increase their share of local production, and overtake mainstream 2.0 variants by 2013. A few suppliers have in fact stopped manufacture of the latter.
- Single-function hubs lead: Single- and multifunction models make up the selection in China. The former will continue to prevail, representing more than 90 percent of total yield. Multifunction kinds double as chargers or memory card readers.
- Price forecast: Quotes of 2.0 models will increase in coming months due to climbing labor costs and a stronger yuan. Intense competition will limit the adjustment within 5 percent. Rates of USB 3.0 versions will be stable.
- Output & export outlook: Suppliers are looking at an average annual output growth of more than 10 percent. Europe and North America are still the key overseas markets, although makers are exploring Asia, South America and the Middle East.
Eong International Co. Ltd
Description: USB 2.0; charges iPhone, iPad; Windows ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS 8.8 or above
L&H Investment Ltd
Description: USB 3.0; four ports; plug-and-play, hot-swappable; overcurrent protection; 90cm cable; CE, RoHS
Orico Technologies Co. Ltd
Model: Orico H7928-U3
Description: USB 3.0; seven type A ports; 174x70x28mm; 180g; CE, FCC
Shenzhen Boyye Technology Co. Ltd
Description: USB 3.0; four ports; aluminum cover; 43x69x18mm; 1m cable; CE, RoHS
Welldy Technology Co. Ltd
Description: USB 3.0; three ports; charges mobile phones, PDAs; two Mini-USB plugs; 86x46x225mm; CE
Winstars Technology Ltd
Description: USB 3.0; four ports; bus-, self-powered; plug-and-play, hot-swappable
Note: This article "Switch to SuperSpeed 3.0 USB hubs under way" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.