- Published on Wednesday, 09 May 2012 09:27
Makers keep up with trends for higher data rates and more complex deployments.
- Going for faster speed: Gigabit Ethernet switches are expected to displace mainstream Fast Ethernet by year-end. A few companies are also developing more 10 Gigabit versions in anticipation of growing demand. Key players Cisco, HP and Juniper currently dominate this high-end segment. Local companies also offer 40 and 100 Gigabit kinds.
- Intelligent management: Suppliers are boosting their production of managed variants to suit complex network setups. They are also releasing more models with router and power-over-Ethernet capability.
- Target applications: Manufacturers will continue to cater to the home and SOHO markets while expanding reach to the medium- and large-enterprise segment. A rising number of major players are also aiming for data center and campus core deployment via 10 Gigabit Ethernet switches.
- Output forecast: Yield is projected to increase by more than 10 percent. Makers anticipate sustained growth in coming years as migration to Gigabit and later to 10 Gigabit accelerates.
Full River Hong Kong Ltd
Description: Gigabit type; 48 Fast Ethernet, two Gigabit uplink ports; 19in steel rack-mount casing
MTN Electronic (Shenzhen) Co. Ltd
Description: Fast Ethernet type; 802.3, 802.3μ, 802.3x; 24 10/100Mbps, four combination ports, auto-MDI/MDIX
Netis Systems Co. Ltd
Description: Fast Ethernet type; 802.3, 802.3μ; eight 10/100Mbps auto-negotiation RJ-45 ports, PoE
Shanghai Feixun Communication Co. Ltd
Description: Gigabit type; eight auto-negotiation RJ-45 ports
Shenzhen Kingnet Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Fast Ethernet type; 802.3, 802.3μ; 24 10/100Mbps auto-negotiation RJ-45, two Gigabit ports
Shenzhen Longway Technologies Co. Ltd
Description: Gigabit type; 24 auto-negotiation RJ-45, two Gigabit SFP ports
Note: This article "Gigabit, managed units edging out Fast Ethernet switches" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.