- Published on Friday, 30 August 2013 14:48
More models now support 17 to 20 percent conversion rate, with several able to hit 23 or 24 percent.
- Improved performance & safety: With continued enhancements on monocrystalline panels, the conversion efficiency can hit 17 to 20 percent. Some models can support 23 or 24 percent. Li-polymer batteries will remain the dominant chemistry because they are safer to use than Li-ion. The mainstream capacity is from 10,000 to 15,000mAh, but more releases will feature 15,000mAh. For increased safety, makers add overcurrent, -voltage and -discharge, and short-circuit protection. Water-resistant designs are also rising in number.
- Wider device compatibility: Products support most laptop brands at 12, 16, 19, 20, 22 and 24VDC output voltage. They likewise work with other electronic devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones, tablet PCs, Bluetooth headsets and portable media players. The first one features 9VDC output, and the rest 5VDC USB. Almost all models can support USB, Micro-USB and Mini-USB.
- Added value: Makers are incorporating practical features such as digital clock and flashlight for use outdoor.
- Local panels used: Most suppliers source the panel domestically for cost considerations. Many companies, however, are turning to inputs from Europe or the U.S. to raise quality and stability toward penetrating the high end.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Suppliers of monocrystalline solar laptop battery chargers boost conversion efficiency, device compatibility" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.