- Published on Monday, 06 May 2013 17:40
Companies are also ensuring products are compatible with more printer brands.
- Enhanced compatibility with printer brands: Compatible color ink cartridges from China now work with more printer brands, including Epson, Canon, HP, Brother, Lexmark, Dell, Samsung and Lenovo. To boost product compatibility, makers are monitoring printer trends. They are also conducting strict tests on the different brands and varying user requirements to develop matching cartridge chips and formula color ink.
- Switch to pigment ink: Dye-based ink is widely used in entry-level and midrange compatible color ink cartridges. More businesses are turning to pigment counterparts for upscale models to boost sales.
- IPR: Efforts to steer clear of intellectual property rights issues include avoiding patent infringements of OEM color ink cartridges. Suppliers are likewise developing their own technologies and applying for patents. Many are building in-house brands, with a long-term aim of penetrating the international market. Companies avoid regions with stringent IR rules and implementation in the absence of licenses.
- Better components & materials: Cartridge chip, color ink, ink reservoir sponge and housing are the key inputs for manufacture. Makers generally source the first one from overseas providers to ensure better performance. Some companies develop the chip in-house. Most suppliers procure the color ink and reservoir locally, although several turn to international partners. More enterprises are projected to manufacture their own. For the housing, the main option is ABS, which is obtained domestically.
- Quality compliance: A growing number of makers are conforming to ISO 14001 and 9001, and SGS requirements. Products also meet CE, RoHS and REACH standards.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Shift to pigment ink gathers pace in China's compatible color ink cartridges line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.