- Published on Wednesday, 03 April 2013 15:24
More companies are adopting touchscreens for ease of use and 2D bar-code scanners for better performance.
- CPU: Mainstreams products use Intel Atom CPU. Entry-level and midrange units support 400 to 900MHz, while upscale versions deliver 1.2 to 1.8GHz. The trend for faster speed will push this to 2GHz.
- Operating display: Dot-matrix LCD, CRT and TFT LCD are the main options, with the last the most popular, especially among pricier models. Screens for upscale POS systems measure 10 to 19in and adopt touchscreen to eliminate the need for a keyboard and mouse.
- Bar-code scanner: Laser kinds account for 80 percent of releases, and CCD the rest. Mainstream versions support all 1D bar codes, but more 2D variants are in the pipeline. RS-232, PS/2 and USB ports are incorporated.
- Add-ons: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, CDMA, GPRS and 3G can be added to high-end models. Some upscale products also feature money check function.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Faster CPU, wireless connection steer R&D in POS systems line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.