- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 13:40
Makers are boosting the release of models with "green" panels to match the trend in various electronics.
- Shifting to LED & larger screens: The line in China is moving toward LED-backlit panels to match the “green” trend. At present, tablet PCs with such displays represent less than 15 percent of production. By 2015, the share is expected to surpass 60 percent. In terms of size, 7 to 10in models dominate, accounting for 80 percent of output. Units with 5in screens target price-sensitive markets.
- Android 3.0 OS mainstay: More than 90 percent of tablet computers from China suppliers run on the open-source platform. Forty percent of them are based on Android 3.0, with the latest releases upgraded to 4.0. Android units are projected to keep the lead in coming years.
- More connectivity options: Makers integrate Bluetooth on request. They also include a SIM slot for 3G mobility.
- Price & export outlook: Quotes are expected to remain stable in the months ahead. Manufacturers ship more than 80 percent of output overseas, mainly to the US, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region. They anticipate international sales will increase by 20 percent.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Tablet PC shift to LED panels under way" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers throughe-magazinesand trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.