- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:24
Wired and wireless variants constitute the selection, mostly in 2 and 2.1-channel configurations.
- Wider frequency response range: Makers are expanding this feature to support low-bass to high-pitch audio. Latest releases have 30Hz to 20kHz, but these are mostly for the high end. Mainstream units support 80Hz to 20kHz and account for more than 60 percent of output.
- Enhanced bass effect: Bass-reflex enclosures are increasingly adopted as these lower the sound range by 20 percent. More than 90 percent of computer speakers from China now use this design.
- 2 & 2.1-channel types sustain lead: Versions in 2 and 2.1-channel configurations still rule output with a more than 70 percent share. The first accounts for half. Portability and cost remain their advantages over upscale 5.1 and 7.1-channel categories. The last two are more widely used in home entertainment setups.
- Price & export outlook: Quotes will be stable or rise by 5 percent. Overseas sales will increase by about 20 percent in the next six months as suppliers explore emerging markets in South America and the Middle East. The Asia-Pacific region, Europe and the US remain key destinations.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Makers boost frequency response, bass of computer speakers" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.