- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 13:29
Makers expand the selection with models that double as stands or enable sleep/wake functions.
- Synthetic vs genuine leather: About 70 percent of China’s leather cases are made of synthetic materials. These are adopted for their flexibility in terms of design processing. Combination PU and PVC leather versions remain strong. Models in genuine leather, which come mostly in the input’s original color and texture, are marketed in the high end.
- Value enhancements: Eighty percent of cases double as stands. Some feature a magnetic cover that puts the iPad to sleep or wake mode. These account for less than 40 percent of output. In coming months, smart types will be more popular, with yield to increase by more than 20 percent.
- Price projection: Quotes will remain stable in the next six months owing to a similar trend in raw material costs.
- Export sales outlook: Suppliers anticipate overseas revenue will climb by more than 20 percent by year-end. They send shipments mainly to the US, Europe and Asia, which are also the top destinations of the iPad. Makers predict the last region will experience faster growth because of the current economic conditions in the two traditionally strong markets.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "PU-PVC leather iPad cases lead supply" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.