- Published on Thursday, 26 December 2013 11:44
The latest releases prevent spills, facilitate feeding, and utilize health-friendly and strong materials.
- User convenience: Several bowls and plates feature TPR suction bases to prevent them from slipping or being knocked over. The spoons and forks are often angled to facilitate feeding. Color-changing heat-sensitive cutlery is also available.
- Safe, durable materials: Suppliers are intensifying the adoption of food-grade silicone as it is nontoxic and can withstand temperatures up to 250 C. Models in the material are microwave-, freezer-, oven- and dishwasher-safe. Many companies are also using BPA-free PP. The plastic is lightweight, resists 120 to 130 C and can be placed in sterilizers.
- Fewer prints: More makers are doing away with printed logos because these can fade under high heat and contaminate food.
- Inclusions: A typical set contains three to six items. Bowls, partitioned plates, spoons, forks, baby bottles, sippy cups and powder milk dispensers can be included. Some come with teethers, pacifiers and rattles as well.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Baby feeding set makers stress ease of use, nontoxic inputs" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.