- Published on Wednesday, 30 October 2013 13:59
The use of organic textiles and eco-friendly printing methods, and eliminating rough patches are the key enhancement thrusts in the line.
- Fabric options: Cotton remains the dominant choice because of its breathability and sweat-absorption properties. The textile is often knitted or come in single jersey construction, with weights ranging from 110 to 240gsm. Combed variants are currently gaining popularity as these have better drape and smoothness than regular cotton. Some slim-fitting garments also combine 3 to 5 percent spandex. Many upscale shirts adopt organic cotton and bamboo rayon. Such designs, however, are priced 20 to 50 percent higher.
- Motifs & embellishments: Animals, plants, letters, cartoon characters and geometric shapes are common. Patterns may be heat-transfer printed or embroidered. Logo application is often formaldehyde- and azo-free, and meets Oeko-Tex Standard 100.
- User comfort: Some suppliers are employing boneless sewing to eliminate bulges at the cloth joints. Some even use 4-pin 6-line Juki sewing machines from Japan for a seamless stitching. Companies are also replacing metal buttons with plastic variants as these do not get cold easily. For T-shirts with embroidered designs, makers are adding lining to avoid chafing children's skin.
- Construction details: Short- and long-sleeved models with round necks are common. A number of new releases feature openings in contrasting colors. Some have two or three buttons and chest pockets. Select versions incorporate side slits and short fronts.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "'Green' designs, improved user comfort main unisex children's T-shirts trends" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.