- Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 17:26
Natural textiles improve breathability, absorbency, elasticity and health-friendly properties.
- Materials: Organic cotton, modal, Tencel, and bamboo rayon and charcoal are the popular options. Some makers also use PLA, chitin and soybean protein fibers. Besides being derived from natural sources and processed without harmful chemicals, these "green" textiles are breathable, elastic, moisture-absorbent and anti-bacterial.
- User comfort: A number of suppliers are adopting heat-regulating fibers from Outlast as quilt filling. The materials help keep bedding temperature between 36 and 38 C, which is suitable for sleeping babies. Companies are also launching duvet covers, blankets and mats with different materials on the front and back for use in varying seasons.
- Health-friendly models: Many midrange and high-end releases feature reactive-printed patterns, using azo- and formaldehyde-free pigments. Some makers utilize colored organic cotton to avoid using dyes, while others refrain from printing by adopting applique with embroidery.
- Composition: Sets for cribs often have three to 10 pieces, with quilts, fitted sheets, pillows and bumpers standard inclusions. Blankets, bed skirts, diaper stackers, toy bags, and window valances are optional. Ensembles for single beds typically contain a bedsheet, a duvet cover and two pillows.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Green' baby bedding set makers underscore user comfort, safety" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.