- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 17:45
Reproductions of real vehicles are among the best-selling playthings.
- Replica models: Versions mimicking real-life objects are popular. Ride-on police cars, go-karts, ATVs, jeeps, dune buggies, golf carts, tractors and construction vehicles are available. These incorporate speed adjustment, walkie-talkies, car alarms, rear lamps, headlights and movable parts.
- Authorized designs: As replica models gain attention, suppliers are obtaining more licenses from famous brands to offer miniature reproductions of their automobiles. Leading the selection are Ferrari, Hummer, BMW, Mercedes Benz and Toyota prototypes. Others follow the Formula One configuration. Hello Kitty, Sponge Bob, Mickey Mouse and Thomas & Friends are best-sellers among the younger demographic.
- Electronic functions & structural enhancements: Companies are adding FM radios, MP3 players, learning systems and game stations to the latest toys. They are also releasing foldable children’s tricycles with adjustable seat heights for easier storage.
- Stable prices: Given economic conditions in primary markets, quote adjustments will be held off to buoy exports to the EU and the US.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Licensed motorized replica ride-on toys gain traction" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.