- Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 17:43
Suppliers incorporate double-locking mechanisms and 5-point harnesses for enhanced protection.
- Increased safety: Makers are incorporating double-locking mechanisms to prevent the structure from collapsing. Companies are also replacing the conventional 3-point harness systems with 5-point variants. Apart from keeping children more secure, the new belt design diverts crash forces away from the body, thereby minimizing injury. These measures are in response to the updated ASTM F833, EN 1888 and AS/NZS 2088 standards.
- Enhanced user convenience: Reversible models with multiple reclining angles, storage baskets and additional pockets for baby bottles, diapers, wallets and keys are still popular.
- Sturdier materials: Previously employing 16x1mm steel tubes for the frame, manufacturers are now adopting 18x1.2mm stainless steel and aluminum variants in many midrange and high-end releases. Such components improve durability and visual appeal.
- Jogging strollers gain ground: Because of the increasing popularity of outdoor activities, suppliers are intensifying production of joggers. New models have three 7 to 16in air-filled wheels and a suspension system.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Baby stroller makers elevate safety, user comfort'"was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.