- Published on Friday, 16 November 2012 17:39
Recent models have secure constructions that come in food-grade plastic and galvanized metal.
- Nontoxic & durable materials: To meet clients’ stricter safety requirements, makers source food-grade LLDPE from South Korea. The plastic is also flame-retardant, and resistant to UV rays and shock. Steel tubes are galvanized or phosphatized before undergoing other surface treatments to withstand corrosion and fading better.
- Safe structures: To reduce the impact from fall hazards, suppliers install nets made of cord-wrapped wire. Protruding metal parts are padded with rubber or foam to prevent nicks and cuts. Enclosed areas utilize transparent plastic, enabling guardians to observe children effectively.
- Multisection & themed products: Instead of separate slides, trampolines, climbers and bridges, recent designs combine these modules into one system. Many models feature a novelty motif such as aquatic and jungle settings.
- Price projection: Material costs remained stable in the past year, with LLDPE rates staying in the $1,500 to $1,750 per ton range. Despite this, rising labor expenses and domestic inflation will push companies to augment quotes by 5 to 10 percent.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Playground equipment makers prioritize hazard reduction'"was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.