- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 17:35
Upgrades in recent models include the use of combed cotton and blends with rayon, ornate detailing and stylish decorations.
- Enhanced comfort: More suppliers are adopting pure or blended combed cotton fabrics as these are softer than the regular carded variants. Such materials are less prone to fraying and unraveling as well. A number of makers employ textiles that incorporate rayon, which provides greater pliancy, moisture wicking and resistance to bacteria.
- Construction details: The latest girls’ T-shirts feature elaborate designs, with frilly necklines or hems and tiered or puffed sleeves. Some have heart-shaped pockets instead of the usual form.
- Trendy embellishments & colors: Models for children above 8 years old are generally patterned after men’s and women’s releases. Trimmings include bowknots, hot-fix rhinestones and sequins. Blue and yellow are prominent in the boys’ selection, while tops for girls come in pastel shades of pink, red, purple and green. Gradient tones are becoming popular.
- Price forecast: Businesses plan to keep quotes at current levels to encourage orders amid slow overseas demand. The decreasing cost of cotton is also a factor.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Children’s T-shirts highlight comfort, aesthetics" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.