- Published on Tuesday, 20 March 2012 15:28
Suppliers are adopting structures and materials that will aid in reducing noise emission and boosting fuel economy.
- Lower noise emission: China suppliers of exhaust manifolds and headers are optimizing pipe structures to reduce the noise of exiting gases. For certain upscale models, ceramic fiber and other noise-absorbing materials are being adopted. These often function as heat shields as well.
- Lighter designs: Amid stricter environmental regulations, manufacturers are developing more aluminum and stainless steel models. Compared with iron counterparts, such products are lighter, contributing to greater fuel economy in target vehicles.
- Overseas markets: The Asia-Pacific region, the US and the EU are the main export destinations of China-made exhaust manifolds and headers. Emerging markets in the Middle East, South America and other regions, however, have been gaining importance in many companies due to the economic slowdown in the US and the EU.
- Price & export forecasts: Product quotes are expected to be stable in 1H12 amid the steady cost of key iron, aluminum, stainless steel and other raw materials. For overseas shipments, makers see an increase of about 10 percent.
Anhui Ruilin Automobile Fitting Co. Ltd
Description: Aluminum alloy; die-cast and machined; various finishes
Haining Autopipe Auto Parts Co. Ltd
Model: Suzuki Samurai 1.3L Header
Description: 304 stainless steel pipe; 201 stainless steel flange; one set per box
Description: 304 stainless steel; various pipe sizes
Ningbo E-way Manifold-Exhaust Co. Ltd
Description: 304 stainless steel or mild steel flange; polished finish
Ningbo Fension International Trade Co. Ltd
Model: Fit 013
Description: 201 stainless steel pipe; mild steel flange; mirror-polished finish
Shanghai Waystar Auto Parts Co.
Description: Mandrel-bent, TIG-welded construction; mild steel tube, for Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, Subaru, Volkswagen, Nissan GT-R and Toyota Supra vehicles
Note: This article "More efficient exhaust manifolds & headers broaden selection" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.