- Published on Wednesday, 25 September 2013 15:42
Suppliers are adopting new components and upgrading technologies to improve sensor accuracy further.
- Ultrasonic parking sensors dominate: The category represents more than 95 percent of China’s total output of sensors. Suitable for cars, buses and trucks, models feature 12 or 24V rated voltage, 20 to 360mA current and below 4W power consumption. They work on 40kHz or 433mHz frequencies and are equipped with up to eight sensors, although those for larger vehicles have over 20. Products use up to 90dB alarms and an LED or LCD screen. Upscale units integrate a CMOS or CCD rearview IR camera with water-resistant and night vision features.
- Performance enhancements: The detection distance is typically 0.3 to 2m. Upcoming designs have improved accuracy of 5cm or lower from 10cm. Suppliers are also optimizing the built-in programs to enable sensors to detect obstructions from accessories installed on the car such as metal racks and a spare tire. Some are also releasing systems with four cameras to provide a 360-degree view. To reduce electronic interference, aluminum or steel ECU cases are employed instead of ABS.
- Value add-ons: A number of companies are rolling out sets with two to four sensors for front parking that can support existing rear systems. Besides a beeping sound, a product’s display can show visual stop alerts.
- Compact designs: Makers are providing sensors that can be installed on a license plate. These are generally offered together with the frame, adhering to the ones used in Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, the Middle East and Singapore. The display can also be integrated in the rearview mirror.
Click here to read the complete article on Global Sources.
Note: This article "Enhanced accuracy, efficiency spur R&D in ultrasonic parking sensors line" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.