- Published on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 16:49
The latest products support more charging cycles, and a number come with battery management systems.
- LiFePO₄ with extended life span: Traction battery suppliers in China are rolling out more LiFePO₄ variants amid the implementation of government policies encouraging production of new energy vehicles. The latest versions can support more than 2,000 charging cycles, in contrast to older releases that can be recharged only 1,000 to 2,000 times. In addition, some units come with battery management systems, which protect against short circuit, and overcharge and -discharge.
- Larger R&D investment: Makers have increased allocations for R&D by 10 to 50 percent to facilitate expansions and the acquisition of patents. A portion of the budget goes to the hiring of additional technical experts. A few enterprises now have 100 personnel dedicated to product development.
- Target applications & markets: Most companies are designing models for use in electric cars, buses and utility vehicles such as golf carts and forklifts. Export destinations include Asia and the EU.
- Price forecast: With manufacturing outlay decreasing gradually, product quotes are expected to go down about 5 percent in the months ahead.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "LiFePO₄ traction batteries lead recent releases" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.