- Published on Thursday, 08 November 2012 16:42
Models come with metallic housings and LEDs of various colors.
- Metal options: Dome light suppliers in China are rolling out more models made of metal such as stainless steel and aluminum. Priced 30 to 50 percent higher than plastic counterparts, such designs are polished, plated or powder-coated to blend with or complement various vehicle interiors.
- Wider color temperature range: For greater variety, several makers are going beyond units that emit white or yellow light. Recent releases include luminaires capable of blue, green, red or amber illumination. Some combine bulbs of different color temperatures for flashing and color-changing modes.
- Adoption of LEDs: To support aesthetic and functional upgrades, LEDs are increasingly utilized. Approximately 30 percent of dome lights produced in mainland China now use this light source, 10 percent higher than two years before. Most companies employ locally made chips, which cost at least 20 percent less than those from Taiwan.
- Price outlook: Product quotes are projected to be stable in coming months amid steady raw material outlay.
"Click here to read the complete article including a Price Guide and Product Gallery on Global Sources."
Note: This article "Visually appealing LED dome lights on the rise" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through e-magazines and trade shows
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.