- Published on Monday, 09 January 2012 15:07
Suppliers are exploring new constructions and materials to make models more eco-friendly.
- Performance upgrades: R&D efforts are geared toward models with better controllability and wear resistance in line with the environmental trend. For heavy-duty vehicles, wide-based low-section designs that enable greater fuel savings are being developed. Encouraging work on “green” tires are the mandatory technical specifications of EU members and other countries.
- New materials: Leading tire makers are working with suppliers and research institutes to develop a substitute for natural rubber, which is a limited and costly resource. Isoprene rubber synthesized with rare earth catalysts was found suitable to replace 40 percent of the natural material in all-steel truck radials.
- Export markets: The US, the EU and Australia are currently the top overseas destinations of China’s semisteel radial tires. For all-steel types, the Middle East and Russia are also key destinations. Faced with punitive tariffs in the US and the debt crisis in the EU, suppliers are strengthening their presence in South America and other emerging markets.
- Price projection: Quotes are forecast to remain stable in the months ahead because of steady raw material costs.
Comar Tyre & Rubber Industrial Co. Ltd
Model: 13’’-26’’ Car Tires
Description: 13 to 26in; wet and dry handling; for passenger cars; CCC, DOT, ECE, GCC, S-Mark
L-Guard Intl Enterprise Ltd
Description: Imported natural rubber; cut-, puncture-resistant; for trucks and buses
Qingdao Bright Future Industrial Products Co. Ltd
Model: 315/80R22.5 18PR
Description: Steel belt; for trucks and buses; DOT, ECE. GCC, INMETRO
Shandong Yinbao Tyre Group Co. Ltd
Description: Steel belt; for trucks and buses
Tianjin Century Rubber Co. Ltd
Description: SIR 20 rubber; SRB carbon; 11kg; for light trucks; CCC, DOT, E-Mark, GCC, SONCAP
Tirexcelle (Qingdao) Inc.
Description: Low rolling resistance; for trucks and buses
Note: This article "Makers emphasize 'green' car tire upgrades" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.