- Published on Tuesday, 20 March 2012 14:14
Makers are introducing more units for forward, signal and auxiliary lighting systems.
- Forward illumination: China-made LED bulbs for daytime running lamps and other types of forward illumination are increasing. A few suppliers are even developing units for intelligent adaptive front lighting systems, which can be found in the latest upscale vehicles from carmakers based in the US, Japan and Europe.
- Signal & auxiliary lights: Selections for signal lamps such as brake and taillights continue to expand as vehicle manufacturers opt for energy efficient solid-state lighting in their new designs. A number of LED bulb makers are also introducing more models for auxiliary exterior and interior lamps.
- Target destinations: The EU, the Asia-Pacifi c region and the US are the major destinations for many enterprises. Several companies are also looking to strengthen their presence in the domestic market, where vehicle production is on the upswing.
- Price forecast: Automotive LED bulb manufacturers are predicting a reduction in quotes this year as the cost of chips declines.
Hixem Technology Co. Ltd
Description: Four 3-chip LEDs; 4x1.5W output power; H8 or H11 base; white, blue, green, yellow or red
Shenzhen Add Lighting Co. Ltd
Description: Six 5050 SMD LEDs; ≤90 lumens; SV8.5mm base; 30,000hr service life; RoHS
Shenzhen Lumin Technology Co. Ltd
Model: LM-T15 4.5W
Description: Three LEDs; 4.5W; 12 to 24VDC operating voltage; 50,000hr service life
Shenzhen Spring-Lighting Electronics Co. Ltd
Model: LED Auto Bulb
Description: 60 3528 SMD diodes; 360 lumens; 12VDC input voltage
Shenzhen Vinstar Photoelectricity Co. Ltd
Model: BMW LED Dome/Roof Lamp
Description: Plastic body; for roof lights of BMW cars
Shine Bright Optoelectronic Co. Ltd
Model: LED Auto Light
Description: 50,000hr service life; red, amber, blue, green, white and warm white
Note: This article "Makers target various applications in automotive LED bulbs" was originally published by Global Sources, a leading business-to-business media company and a primary facilitator of trade with China manufacturers and India suppliers, providing essential sourcing information to volume buyers through our e-magazines, trade shows and industry research.
All price quotes in this report are in US dollars unless otherwise specified. FOB prices were provided by the companies interviewed only as reference prices at the time of interview and may have changed.
Disclaimer: All product images are provided by the companies interviewed and are for reference purposes only. Those product images featuring products with trademarks, brand names or logos are not intended for sale. We, our affiliates, and our affiliates' respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents or contractors, do not accept and will not have any responsibility or liability for product images (or any part thereof) which infringe on any intellectual property or other rights of a third party.