Is it possible to build a Private Label brand on Amazon that outlasts Amazon?
YES! Says Will Tjernlund — multimillion-dollar Amazon seller and founder of AMZHelp.
His advice is to focus on things humans can do but computers cannot:
- Use feedback software with branding to give your company a voice
- Add inserts in Private Label products so you can get your customer on your email lists
- Do a lot of social media marketing to build a brand and community with a voice
Things Amazon can do but you cannot:
- Winning the Buy Box – You can beat them but it’s not easy
- Very low prices – They care less about MAP
- Instant #1 ranking – They do not play fair when it comes to keyword ranking
What to do moving forward:
- Bundle products bought together often
- Stay nimble and take advantage of gaps in the market
- Set up feedback software and build relationships
- Follow your own data
- Constantly come up with new ideas and create new SKUs