- Published on Thursday, 18 July 2013 16:46
by Asia Quality Focus team
Many larger and more established importing companies have their own QA staff on the ground in Asia (as mentioned in a past article, Should you hire your own full-time inspectors in Asia). Why should these companies still need an independent third party quality control company, even if they have full-time inspectors?
- A company might have multiple orders at the same time and there are not enough QC inspectors to manage all assignments
- For some locations, it might be cheaper using a local third party quality control inspector than paying the in-house QA staff based in another location to fly to conduct on-site inspection
- It is important to rotate quality control inspectors in order to prevent too much acquaintance between the in-house inspectors and the factory representatives accordingly to avoid bribery
- It is often better to have an independent quality inspector in front of your factory as you want to keep a good relationship with them, when there are quality issues
- Sometimes it is good to double check the performance of your internal inspectors
- Professional third party quality control companies offer liability on their work
- The expertise is needed on some specific products. Quality control companies usually have more technical expertise than sourcing agents that have in-house quality inspection staff
- Whatever your business situation is (low season vs high season for example), the usage of an inspection company is scalable: You can use one as much (or little) as you need. If you have no QC to be done, there is no need to pay the in-house inspector’s salary, social insurance, housing fund or his manager’s salary
The advantages of having a trusted third party quality control inspection firm on hand are many. While you may not have to use them frequently, having a reliable partner available in a time of need can save you considerable time and money.
Read the original article here.
The Asia Quality Focus team is an international team of specialists in product inspections, factory audits, lab testing and product certifications for all kinds of consumer goods. To share experience and opinions in how to better and safer source in Asia they created the Quality Control Blog. Feel free to contact them here.